Publication: evidence for research technology access through open hardware, and design principles to facilitate this access

Hi GOSHers,
I am running several technology development projects in my research group to improve technology access in microfluidics and microbiology, along training initiatives how to use open hardware examples to gain access to key and advanced technology.
Today, an important publication of mine came out detailing this approach and how to design open laboratory hardware for the purpose of providing technology access globally, including low-resource areas. This includes a literature data analysis to prove that DIY hardware is indeed more used in low-resource countries. Check it out:

The Publication is just a PDF, but here I would be super interested to discuss it with you. Where do you agree, where do you have a different or complementary perspective? Can you think of any open hardware tech access tips that are not mentioned? What do you think of the open hardware categories I suggest?

2 Likes