Here is a short story for this post, if you would like to know more, please continue reading past this paragraph:
If you have an idea of someone who would be a good candidate for the Independent Observer position, please nominate them either on this thread or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the upcoming community council election, there are two proposed administrative roles: the Election Secretary and Independent Election Observer. Based on feedback from the February community call, we are moving forward with the GOSH Community Coordinator (myself) serving as the election secretary, and the governance working group will now be accepting nominations for an Independent Observer. You can read the following text from the Governance Proposal for more information surrounding the nomination of the Independent Observer:
- Independent Election Observer - The Governance Working Group, with community input, will identify an Independent Election Observer. The Independent Observer will have access to review all aspects of the elections, affirming and ensuring that defined processes are being followed and providing assurance that a fair and inclusive election takes place.
In particular, the responsibilities of the independent observer will be to:
- Review and understand the GOSH election processes
- Work with the Election Secretary to confirm that processes are belong followed
- Review and confirm tabulated election results in collaboration with the Election Secretary,
- Confirm winning candidates in collaboration with the Election Secretary
- Confirm that reported election results match tabulated election results
This role will require 5 hours of work over the course of one month.
Ideally, the Independent Observer should be someone from outside of the GOSH community. If you have an idea of someone who would be a good candidate for the Independent Observer position, please share the following with us:
- Reasons why you feel this person would be a good Independent Observer.
- Whether they are related or not to GOSH.
- If this person is aware of your nomination.
Please nominate them either on this thread or by sending an email to email@example.com.