Help make the GOSH website better - building a web dev wishlist on Sat 17 Oct

Hi All

As explained in the post from August below, we are looking to commission some web development support to improve the GOSH website, particularly at this time when it is so critical to keep connected online in the absence of GOSH in-person events.

You are all warmly invited to a GOSH Web Wishlist Workshop (GOSH WWW) on Sat 17 Oct 14:00-1600 UTC to build out a community wishlist. We will use the outcomes of this meeting to find a web developer to work with us and put the most important parts of it into action. We will also form a team of community members to help guide that work.

You are especially welcome if you are new to the GOSH Community because we want your thoughts on how to make our resources easier to navigate for new members!

I am trying out the Discourse events plugin for the first time here so I hope that you are able to sign up directly in the forum…and look forward to speaking to you then! We will share outputs with the whole community for comment before finalising.

Jenny

[event start=“2020-10-17 13:00” status=“public” name=“GOSH Web Wishlist Workshop” url=“Launch Meeting - Zoom” end=“2020-10-17 15:00” allowedGroups=“trust_level_0” reminders=“1.days”]
[/event]

Hi All

A quick reminder that with one week to go, you are all warmly invited to a GOSH Web Wishlist Workshop (GOSH WWW) on Sat 17 Oct 14:00-1600 UTC to build out a community wishlist for the GOSH webiste. We will use the outcomes of this meeting to find a web developer to work with us and put the most important parts of it into action. We will also form a team of community members to help guide that work.

Look forward to seeing you there! Please sign up via the forum, the link is in the original post in this thread.

Jenny

Hi All

Looking forward to seeing some of you this afternoon at the GOSH Web Wishlist Workshop (GOSH WWW) Sat 17 Oct 14:00-1600 UTC to brainstorm ways to make the GOSH website and combine these with previous suggestions (from the forum and elsewhere) to make a brief for a web developer.

Jenny

Hi Jenny,
I wont be able to make this as it is the same time as the management meeting for the waterwheel I help maintain.

For me thinking back to 2 years ago when I first joined. The website seemed confusing, the forum was friendly (and this was my first experience of discourse), I still do not really look at the website. My priorities would be:

• Consolidate and manage the hosting (or transition us to hosted)
  • New, clean website layout (preferably with a top navigation bar)
  • Add same top navigation bar to the forum it feels joined up with the website
  • Improve forum layout/theme
1 Like

Thanks @julianstirling - very useful feedback!

Jenny