Call for Submissions: The Open Source Hardware Commons

I saw the following announcement by Sarah Hutton (@Sarah/@schutton?) posted to a The Turing Way discussion thread. May be of interest to folks here…

:loudspeaker: From Sarah Hutton:

Heya! I’m co-facilitating this panel, and invite you to submit and/or share with folks who are interested! Call for Submissions: The Open Source Hardware Commons: Exploring the environmental and socioeconomic benefits of OSH and the Right-to-Repair movement, a facilitated panel to be held at the XIX Biennial IASC Conference, “The Commons We Want” in Nairobi, Kenya, June 19-24, 2023. In this panel, we will discuss what the Open-Source Hardware Commons could look like, and how it can provide alternatives for the provision of physical goods. Work on individual projects, OSH policy and research are welcomed. To submit:

All submission contacts will be notified by January 16, 2023. For a full outline of the panel topic, please see the Conference Panels overview, Section 10 Local institution building and radical futures for the commons, panel 10.16. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch, or sarah.hutton@interenetofproduction.org or DM on Slack, if you see me creepin’ on a shared Discord server, etc.

2 Likes

Hey thanks @hpy I was coming to post it over here on the opportunities channel - which I will still do, since I neglected to include the deadline for submissions in my previous post! :grimacing:

1 Like