Call for Participants: Global Gathering Onboarding Subcommittee

Hey everyone,

I’m posting this on behalf of the GOSH Global Gathering Workgroup - the group responsible for organising this year’s event in Panama.

Each global gathering brings together previous attendees and new participants. To further promote inclusiveness at this year’s event, we would like to create onboarding activities that will help bring together previous and new participants, introduce the latter to the global gathering’s ‘unconference’ style, and familiarise them with our roadmap, among other things.

In order to achieve this, we would like to create an onboarding subcommittee to create and plan programming for new participants, as well as organise activities prior to, and during, the event.

The subcommittee will work within the Global Gathering Working Group.

If you’re interested in joining, please reply in the comments.

Thank you and looking forward to working with you all!

6 Likes

I am interested,it will be a great opportunity to learn new things from those earlier participants.

1 Like

I’m interested.

1 Like

I’m interested too Maria :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @mariafrangos,
I am interested in GOSH Global Gathering Workgroup, it is an avenue to learn new thing.

Thank for sharing, looking forward to further communication.

1 Like

I am interested.

1 Like

Am Interested!
Thanks

1 Like

I am interested Maria

1 Like

I’m interested too. Also just to get a better handle on what the pre-post panama event will entail, if nothing else.

I’m a newbie, who have not attended any GOSH gathering but interested to get insights on how the pre & post Panama event.

Me too! I am new but I would love to hear more about this.

best,

I am interested

I’m interested :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for all your interest! I wanted to clarify that goal of this subcommittee is to create and plan onboarding programming. In other words, members of this group will meet and plan the actual onboarding activities for the global gathering. It won’t be an info session where new participants will learn about the global gathering (but as the subcommittee, we can certainly plan an info session :). New participants are in a great position to help plan onboarding activities and events. I will send out an email to plan our first meeting and we can take it from there!

5 Likes

Alright, waiting to hear from you when time comes.

Hello everyone,

My apologies for the delay. For those attending The Global Gathering in Panama, October 26-30th, I’d like to organise our first meeting in early September. In this meeting, we will review a list of proposed activities for new participants for feedback, as well as brainstorm additional activities you feel would be valuable for new participants.

As a next step, please fill out this doodle form so that we can figure out a day and time to meet: Doodle

1 Like

Thanks to those who filled out the Doodle poll. It seems like Friday, September 9 works for everyone. I’ve created a follow-up poll to pick the time to meet on the 9th.

2 Likes

Hi all, a reminder to fill out this poll to find a time to meet on September 9.