GOSH Nodes / GROLScH / Collaborative Production Events: Full Proposal

Buenisimo
De Mendoza seríamos un par los interesados. Con Fernan pensamos q durante Tecnox nos podemos hacer un lugar para armar y tratar de cerrar esto.
Nos vemos al rato por Valparaiso

2 Likes

Buena idea Ale! (thanks for the heads up Paz!)
No estaría sumando un país pero sí puedo colaborar si quieren para el nodo local o ayudar en la presentación
@marinappdf @rpez @leosehn você quer participar no Brasil?

2 Likes

También podrían ser @biomakers_lab en Perú y @byront en Ecuador…? Entiendo que están en universidades por lo que quizás podrían sumar un nodo

De Colombia tenemos a @librepensante.org y @Julieta, y en México a @less y @paloma, pero habría que ver si tienen o pueden conseguir un link con alguna institución como las que pide cyted (un centro de I+D con capacidad bla bla bla :unamused:)

PD: buena idea Nano, nos vemos en Valpo!

2 Likes

Can I just say that South America is kind of kicking North America’s butt in terms of making progress on this. Come on North America, get your act together :slight_smile:

You’re all amazing!

2 Likes

Combining GOSH residencias and TECNOx for CYTED? Google link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J1dPZIeUonc-uArELmyK8iw7iAC1g2fJpC_eo6MdR8w/edit
@Marita tu estas en Uruguay? de ser asi, puedes ir como representante de este pais?
(thanks @alenadra)

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
Yes we could try and find someone.
There’s right now this initiative, in Guadalajara to make the city the new silicon valley (whatever that means, bless them) But they’re building a huge space where they my be interested in hosting us.
Still we would have to make a small research on what are the political consequences of this collaboration but we can still look elsewhere.
This institutions we are looking for would be acting as hosts or as partners?
Could you elaborate a bit on what are we expecting of their collaboration?
How did you do it in Guadalajara last time Fernán? I can’t remember.

Hola,
Se necesitan grupos (minimo 2 personas) de 6 países.
Los grupos integrantes deben acreditar capacidad y actividad demostrada en acciones de
I+D+I.
Los datos necesarios de los nodos están aca: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AEf_qrVZb2YVuZuMxv5qG4HrmU_GQBfEiWn0EaWxlE8/edit?usp=sharing
Hasta donde puedo ver, no hay que tramitar ni asumir compromisos institucionales (mas allá del de los propios grupos)

si en ecuador ya 2 universidades interesadas en sumarse al nodo una de ellas estará en el tecnox

Pedro? Ya esta como nodo :slight_smile:
Postulación aca:

This seems to still be a topic of high interest. Let’s make a list of already existing places to go.

2 Likes

We’re on it! Digital biology/North American Gosh 2019 details coming soon…

3 Likes

Yes! Actually that was an output from GOSH, I think @agnieszka and maybe me took it on, to create a list of residencies that people could utilize for production events, basically copy pasting the art residencies model as per Marc’s suggestion.

2 Likes

GOSHers from Argentina, Chile and Brasil are also keen on organizing one in our region…
y Peru (@biomakers_lab @jptincopa @DulceYaquetto) can we count you in?

5 Likes

GOSHLabs… Global Open Science Hardware Labs.

3 Likes

Adding a link here to a GOSHLab proposal we are working on (summer 2019, exact date and plans TBD):

1 Like

@ffederici yes, absolutely. Please, let me know when we could have a video call to talk more about that. I think @DulceYaquetto and @jptincopa are agreed too.

May be worth creating a new post about this… but I think the ideal technical solution to managing the residencies and making sure they are all publicly viewable is something like this:

https://wpresidence.net/

A wordpress option would be nice to integrate into existing GOSH site. Features we need:

• Someone from each location should be able to create
  • Someone from each location should be able to edit/manage their own listing
  • Listings should be searching + viewable, according to relevant tags or search terms (like ‘free’, ‘housing’, etc.)

Any suggestions for solutions there?

as there are already so many residency programs out there.
tapping into existing ones, maps, networks and adding abit of GOScH to a program could be very valuable. instead of starting from 0.

btw. this call is still open until 28th october.

m

Yeah, totally I agree, but I think the need is to make them more visible within our community, and address specific questions our community has about how they would work (like what tools are available, what does it cost, places to stay, etc. etc.).

In addition, there were a bunch of people willing to host at GOSH which certainly didn’t have their info on the web, in part because they’re not a general host but are willing specifically to host other GOSHers.

So in part it’s organizing what already exists and making sure the relevant data is there, in part it’s creating a place for us to communicate residency location/information with each other. Right @agnieszka that seemed like the crux of the discussion to me (?)

1 Like

Hello all, sad I’ve been trusting that unmistakable financing would come through for this which is the reason I haven’t followed up/posted all the more however so far we don’t have anchored subsidizing for this. I think this is an energizing thought that puts the power specifically in the hands of the network. On the off chance that anybody is aware of conceivable subsidizing hotspots for a thought like this please post them here!!!